Saturday, January 14, 2012

Hot Chocolate, Movie, and Portraits

It was traditional when we were younger to warm up after playing outside in the snow with a cup of hot chocolate and watch a movie. Almost every time, despite my protestations, we would watch "The Snowman." This movie, if it deserves to be called that, been revived with the boys and Kristen this year. It's almost creepy; there's no talking, but music that fits it sort of like Fantasia; the snowman flies, and it's like an animated version of The Snowman flap book of it that we used to have.

Anyways, besides that being what they were watching, that has nothing to do with this post, which is simply pictures that I took while they were watching it after playing outside, with a couple extra kids. It's a good time to take pictures, since they aren't paying attention to me, except that they're facing away from me usually.
















Peter was fascinated with the light.



I like this one. She looks like someone, not sure who.



Sam got a chocolate moustache and beard.

4 comments:

  1. Don't lie - you enjoyed watching "The Snowman" like the rest of us. We just grew out of that stage quicker than Melody and Eric. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I know I did-even after I started not wanting to watch it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "We're flying through the air..."

    ReplyDelete